Monday, July 27, 2009

Model Feature: Ms. Gelisa Asieba

This week I am proud to present Ms. Gelisa Asieba, representing straight out of the United Kingdom. She is a rookie in the game, but has taken all her opportunities and has began making her mark on the industry. Not only is she going to be gracing runways far and near, but don't be surprised if you her with her own clothing line as well. Luckily, I was able to catch up with Ms. Asieba for in order to get a piece of mind on the modeling industry. Check the interview below.



DJ Grain: What’s your name?
Gelisa: Gelisa Asieba aka G.G.

DJ Grain: Where are you from?
Gelisa: I was born in London, but currently in Birmingham.



DJ Grain: How many years have you been modeling?
Gelisa: This is my first year professionally working as a model , which is part time at the moment as I am studying a degree in Fashion Retail Management.

DJ Grain: What are the misconceptions people commonly have about models that are untrue?
Gelisa: The misconceptions people have about me is that I don't eat and I'm a diva lol ....I was always naturally slim and I eat like a horse so it is sometimes unfair when the media portrays skinner models as anorexic, when they are just born that way. Personality on the other hand if you don't know someone I have learnt not to judge them as you cant read a book from its front cover!



DJ Grain: What shows, videos, magazines, etc. have you been featured in?
Gelisa: I was in a fashion show for New Look charity event in March and Asiana magazine fashion show in January. Currently at the moment a finalist in the top 20 models for a competition Talent 2009 in Birmingham.
I was also recently on the front cover for Nubia Magazine May/June issue.



DJ Grain: What photographers have you worked with?
Gelisa: I have worked with a number of photographers but my main favourites were David Dwayne, Terri lee shield and C-dat photography.

DJ Grain: What photographers would you like to work with?
Gelisa: One day I would love to work with Lume photography,Tony Valadez,Scott Miron and Luic Cedeno. They are very unique and take dynamic pictures with a story.



DJ Grain: Can you describe the grind of a model trying to break into the industry?
Gelisa: The grind is extremely hard if you don't know where you are going with your modeling career , there are so many paths to take such as commercial and glamour. I have chosen to aim hopefully to be a high fashion model, which demands being unique, eye catching and a great personality. There are many people in the industry who are just aiming to get as much money as they can from aspiring models. So in modelling you always have to be one step ahead and know the ins and outs of the industry to be taken seriously.

DJ Grain: Any words for the ladies out there that have aspirations of entering the modelling industry?
Gelisa: Modeling is a very competitive industry being and loving yourself is the main foundation. Believing in yourself will assist others to also believe in you, don't watch what other models are doing being individual is the best way forward! Constantly promote yourself wherever you can and always remember your self respect.



DJ Grain:
How can people contact you for booking?

Gelisa: MySpace - www.myspace.com/_xgelisa_x
Email: gelisa2a3@msn.com
Facebook: Gelisa Asieba

No comments: