Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ill Doctrine and the Little Hater



Thrizz put me onto J Smooth @ Ill Doctrine a while back, but I've only been really on this shit recently. This video is great - anyone doing any sort of creative process will be able to relate, which is why I felt it relevant to post.

As artists, we all go through the same thing as J is describing. Right now, we're working on 'The Soul Movement Volume 3' and I really feel for Notion, because although he didn't create the music (except for feature verses here and there), he's had to mix it and listen to it over and over and over, which should destroy all positive feelings towards the music but he seems to dig it even more. For myself, I just can't listen to my own music too much or I get over it real quick. When it's first recorded or written, hell yeah, I love to gauge where it's at, if it's any good, etc. But I gotta cut it out or I just don't wanna hear it again. By the time we finish this mixtape, I won't be able to listen to it for a hot minute.

Anyway, check out the video and hit up Ill Doctrine.com for more awesomeness.

No comments: