Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Movement Fam Model Feature: Regina Ross

The grind-a-holic Ms. Regina Ross has taken a minute out of her busy schedule to chop it up with ya main man DJ Grain. Not only is she a model but she also a student and CEO of a magazine publication that focuses on spoken word poetry.

DJ Grain: Where are you from?
Regina Ross: I am from South Carolina, born in a town called Sumter and raised in the capitol, which is Columbia.

DJ Grain: How many years have you been modeling?
Regina Ross: I have been modeling for 15 years.

DJ Grain: What are the misconceptions people commonly have about models that are untrue?
Regina Ross: Some misconceptions that people may have about models is we are not very intellectual and that we have to be a certain size or height. Models come in all shapes and sizes, I consider a model a person who has something to market physically or mentality wise. I myself have many talents. I write poetry and I am in the process of publishing my own magazine for spoken word artist. Poets Serenity is one of my biggest projects because I have been writing much longer than modeling. I am also going to school for Medical Billing and Coding, which is a stable career choice I have made to maintain learning something new in the medical field, as it consistently changes all the time.



DJ Grain: What shows, videos, magazines, etc. have you been featured in?
Regina Ross: Some of the shows I have been involved in was as a promotional model for a show Dungeon Family's own Backbone did back in South Carolina at the Coliseum; I was a featured model for a show UrbMob did at Lotus Lounge for new and upcoming artists. I also did a commercial for Pin Strikes Bowling Alley, MTV's Album release party for T.I. at the Velvet Room. Fashion shows by Elegante, House of Style By Monique, LaChic Hair Studio, BBK Apparrel, Ruff Ryders Film Casting for The System Within, Black Experience Magazine, and various modeling competitions by international model and talent search companies.



DJ Grain: What photographers have you worked with?
Regina Ross: I have worked recently with Thad Fauster, D. Divine, J.W. Enterprises, JandD Images, K. Jones, Glamour Shots Promotional Model, and the list goes on...

DJ Grain: What photographers would you like to work with?
Regina Ross: I would love to work with Essence Magazine, Elite, Sean John, Baby Phat, Whilemenia, Black Barbies, Sean Anthony Photography, Leo Marshall, Ms. B. Breezy, XOXO. I would like to work with so many people, it would probably take all day to just name them all. But I would most definitely love to work with some of the top marketing agencies.



DJ Grain: Can you describe the grind of a model trying to break into the industry?
Regina Ross: The grind of modeling is persistence and taking the time out to go out and network and market yourself, so people can get a feel of your personality because they are not always looking for that look - sometimes they want to see what your personality is like. And I feel like if you're a go getter than you can reach the goals you set. Going on photo shoots, open calls, networking, and just putting your foot forward to the work you have already invested time into. I feel like you can only do what God will allow you to do at that moment in your life, but patience and persistence will pay off eventually.



DJ Grain: Any words for the ladies out there that have aspirations of entering the modeling industry?
Regina Ross: Simply to just know God has your back and have faith. If you're a single parent and out here trying to do your thing, keep pushing and keep praying. I know what it's like, God is not blind and definitely not asleep. Stick with your dreams and don't give up when it gets hard you get stronger, and you learn to be thankful for the good and the bad to cherish and endure all the blessings he has in store for you as you go through all the trials.

Contact info:
Regina Ross Myspace
modelreginaross@live.com

No comments: