Thursday, January 1, 2009

DJ Grain - Last Thoughts on 2008



Right now it is already 2009 in Australia and most of the world. In the last few moments of 2008, I had to drop one last post. 2008 has been a great year for DJ Grain and Co. I started doing the "Ear to the Streets" segment on 90.3FM Knoxville, TN with my cousin Rapper BT of 2nd String.

Man early in 2008, I almost stepped away from the music because my taste in music was not the same as the masses. But I linked up with my cousin BT and the rest is history......the show is #1 in Knoxville for its time slot. You do the math.

Then I hollered at Cee of the group Cee and Bekah, and man things have started to take off - so in '09 you all better watch out. This year I also have been blessed to link up with many dope MC's from across the world which I never dreamed would happen.

The best thing that happened this year man was getting the degree and beating all the stats that say I should be dead, in prison, or on drugs. With my passion for deejaying and football burning like a volcano, 2009 is going to be the year I move closer to accomplishing my dreams.

Watch out in '09 for Tommy Gunnz - Garden State Warrior, Notion - On The Corner of Notion & 9th, Cee & Bekah - The Soul Movement Vol. 3 and many, many more releases from The Movement Fam. Y'all take care and have a safe new year.

On a final note, if somebody downs you for doing positive stuff - slap 'em.

Peace,

Grain.

No comments: